Saturday, March 25, 2017

Mountains...chants...ancient monk...positivity

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha...These days, I listen to Ani Choying Drolma while painting. I like to listen to her deep voice and the tranquil Buddhist music that plays along with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP3YurOfqDY

Years ago, I had first heard Buddhist chants in a monastery in Kalimpong, India. Those mesmerizing sounds at the foothills of Kangchenjunga, have somehow etched in my mind that Buddha resides among the mountains. Mountains have always attracted me; I see a resemblance between them and Buddha... the serenity ...the silence... the peace.....and above all, their eternal presence in this world.

Recently, I was at Mt. Titlis in Switzerland; the clouds dancing past the alpine mountains slowly unveiled the peaks, and I saw this image of Buddha emerging from the clouds.


Being a mere mortal, I probably will never understand what exactly enlightenment means. I cannot even focus my mind to meditate; meditation sessions have never really tamed my distracted mind! But sometimes I do wonder, when I paint, maybe I meditate because I can bare my soul..I feel positive about life...

"The Enlightened One" - Acrylic on 16 x 20 inches canvas
"Sakyamuni" - Acrylic on 12 x 12 inches canvas

These two paintings are sold and no longer with me. These are images of Buddha that I hold close to my heart...the closed eyes, the meditating pose that seems to say believe in yourself, choose your path and find the truth yourself ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment

Life...old age...turmoil